Residential VinylAwning Windows
Sleek Design, Superb Performance
Awning windows are hinged at the top and opened outwards from bottom in an upward swing to allow ventilation. This Series 1400 awning window design achieves the highest available performance for vinyl windows. They can be installed as one sash windows or seamlessly assembled with picture windows or other 1400 products. You can rest assured that you are buying the ultimate in weather tightness, energy efficiency and structural integrity. Simple styling, durable hardware and smooth vinyl components provide years of maintenance-free operation. The classic detailing and state-of-the-art engineering built into this window will give you years of carefree enjoyment.
Features of the Residential VinylAwning Windows
- 3-1/4” frame depth with multi-chambered rigid vinyl ensures extra rigidity and insulating value for strength and insulation.
- Fusion welded corners in frame and sash for structural integrity and outstanding air and water tightness.
- Multiple weather stripping prevents drafts and infiltration of moisture and dust.
- Tilt in sashes for easy cleaning and operation.
- 7/8” Intercept WarmEdge insulated glass units for superior energy savings.
- Stainless steel hinges.
- Corrosion-resistant cranking operator for full range sash movement.
- Full screen with fiberglass cloth for operating sash included.
- Triple panes glass available.
Structural Data & Efficiency Performance
STRUCTURAL TEST DATA:
|Wind Pressure Load:||75 PSF|
|Water Penetration Resistance:||9.0 PSF|
|Air Infiltration at 25mph:||0.02 CFM|
ENERGY RATING FACTORS:
|Glass:||Low E / Argon|
|Thermal Transmittance (U Factor):||0.27|
|Solar Heat Gain (SHGC):||0.24|
|Visible Light Transmittance (VT):||0.43|
|Condensation Resistance Factor:||64.0|
Custom Colors Available
Simulated Divided Lite (SDL)
Simulated-Divided-Lites Provide you with an authentic divided glass look. The Grids are permanently adhered to the outside surfaces of the glass. Historical preservation and shadowing make this a desirable feature among restoration remodelers.
Get Pro Pricing & Discounts
|Packages||Thermal Performance||Cost||Cardinal Glass||Glass Unit||Gas Fill||Spacer System|
|Double Pane LowE-272||7/8″ double pane||Argon||Intercept Warm Edge|
|Double Pane LowE-366||7/8″ double pane||Argon||Intercept Warm Edge|
|Triple Pane LowE-272||7/8″ double pane||Argon||Intercept Warm Edge|
- Aluminum mesh screen.
- Connector to combine with other 1400 product family including casement circle tops, transom and picture windows.
- Nailing fin for new construction
- Triple pane glass available
Hardware and Screens
Lock: Locking handle and keeper
Operator: Gear drive operator
Hinge: Stainless steel hinges
Screen: Fiberglass mesh (Standard),
Aluminum mesh (Optional)
Screen frame: Aluminum roll form
Chicago Windows & More
Come explore our work
portfolio and see the Newtec
difference for yourself.